Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Unpacked event arrives on 11 August, where the mobile monolith is expected to announce the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and the Z Fold 3. If you’re in the US, you have the benefit of being able to reserve a handset now. Sort of.
While you can’t see prices (or the phones), you can reserve your spot in line, that is, register your details, to fast-track a pre-order.
Samsung is throwing in perks with this early invitation too, such as the “highest online trade-in values”, which includes an extra $100 on top of the usual trade-in credit.
Registrants also get an extra 12 months of Samsung Care+ insurance worth $155 and, along with – in Samsung’s words – “an extra, special offer towards Galaxy products during pre-order”.
There’s no hint as to what that might be – free next-day delivery? 10% off the Galaxy Buds? A mega bundle including the highly anticipated Galaxy Watch 4 or Galaxy Buds 2, perhaps? Time will tell.
Ssee everything we expect from the Galaxy Unpacked event. You can also read up on the Galaxy Z Flip 2 (or 3?) and the Galaxy Z Fold 3 ahead of the 11 August launch.
The reservation process ends 10 August (after which pre-orders are sure to be a free-for-all. Here’s how you can reserve your pre-order on the new Galaxy phones now.
How to reserve Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3/Z Fold 3 pre-orders early
You can reserve your pre-order spot from this page on Samsung’s site. You’ll need to provide your full name and email address. Your ZIP code and phone number are optional.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to set up your payment and trade-in details so the pre-order process is quick and smooth on the day. You’ll receive an email from Samsung to complete the payment when pre-orders go live.
As for payment, outside of the usual credit card, PayPal and Google Pay routes, customers can also pay via the try now pay later service Affirm or through Samsung Financing.
Head to Samsung to reserve pre-orders on the new handsets now.
How much can you save with Samsung trade-in?
If you want to trade in an old device, you can choose from a phone, tablet, or wearable. Eligible brands vary depending on the device, but Samsung is allowing you to trade in up to two devices which could save you a significant amount.
Although Samsung isn’t revealing figures on the reservation page, we suspect you’ll be able to save upwards of $500 by looking at existing trade-in valuations.
Currently, Samsung’s top offers include $700 for the S20 Ultra, $600 for the iPhone 12 Pro Max, $325 for the Pixel 5, $200 for the LG Wing 5G, and $175 for the Motorola Razr 5G.
What can you trade in with Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3/Z Fold 3 pre-orders?
Here are all the devices Samsung will accept for trade-in:
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition
- Galaxy A21, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A11
- Galaxy Z Fold
- Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20, S20 FE
- Galaxy Note 10 Plus, Galaxy Note 10 5G, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy S10 Plus, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy S9
- Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Active
- Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Active
- Galaxy A71, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A51
- Tab S7+, Tab S7, Tab S6, Tab S5e, Tab S4, Tab S3
- Galaxy Book 12
- Tab A 10.1 with pen, Tab A 10.5, Tab A 10.1, Tab A 9.7, Tab A 8.0
- Tab S2 9.7, Tab S2 8.0
- iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPhone XR
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S
- iPad Pro 12.9, iPad Pro 11, iPad Pro 10.5, iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad 9.7
- iPad air 2, iPad air
- Watch Series 5
- Watch Series 4
- Watch Series 3
- Surface Pro i7, Surface Pro 6, Surface Pro i5
- Surface Go
Google Pixel phones
- Pixel 5,
- Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4,
- Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3
- Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2
- LG G7 ThinQ, LG G8, LG G8X ThinQ
- LG K51
- LG Stylo 6
- LG V30, LG V35, LG V40
- LG V50 ThinQ, LG V60 ThinQ, LG V60 ThinQ 5G
- LG Velvet 5G
- LG Wing 5G
- Moto Razr 5G
- Moto Edge+
- Moto G 5G Plus, Moto G7, Moto G7 Power
- Moto Razr
- Moto Z3, Moto Z3 Play, Moto Z4
Once the phones are available to pre-order, we’ll separately be looking at the best Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Z Fold 3 deals, so stay tuned for that.
Related articles for further reading